The Pupil Premium was introduced in 2011, and is paid by means of a specific grant for those pupils registered as eligible for Free School Meals in reception to Year 11 or those who are looked after by the Local Authority. A premium was also introduced for children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces. The Pupil Premium gives schools extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from reception to year 11 and is allocated to:
• all children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
• children who have been looked after for 6 months or longer
In the 2015 to 2016 financial year, funding for the pupil premium was increased and schools are now receiving:
• £1,320 per pupil of primary-school age
• £935 per pupil of secondary-school age
• £300 per service child
• £1,900 per pupil for looked-after children who:
• have been looked after for 1 day or more
• are adopted
• leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a Residence Order
In this school, the Pupil Premium funding will be used to:
• Provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils
• Narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers
• As far as its powers allow, to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others
We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
The Head teacher and Governing Body have agreed a policy for Pupil Premium to guide the use of funding and to ensure it represents value for money. This is available by clicking on the link below.
The school contact is Mr G Clegg (Deputy Head teacher) firstname.lastname@example.org
Pupil Premium Reports
Each year we produce a report detailing how the previous year's Pupil Premium alloaction was spent, what impact it has had and how we intend to use the coming year's allocation. The latest report is available by clicking on the link below.